Auburn ● Full-Time
We are looking for a self-driven mechanical engineer to join our team and help manufacture our products. The ideal candidate will have a passion for manufacturing excellence, product quality, and bringing innovation to the sports world.
- Oversee the manufacturing, assembly and quality control process of Tennibot.
- Vet new contract manufacturers that are equipped to handle the complex assembly of Tennibot.
- Identify areas of improvement in our supply chain and implement changes to better efficiency.
- Reduce the COGS by improving Tennibot’s DFMA.
- Assist in fine tuning the Tennibot’s design in order to ensure that it is ready for manufacturing.
- Prototype and test new product concepts.
- Manufacture parts with outside manufactures or internal facilities.
- Enhance and maintain our existing hardware and bring creative improvements to our design platform.
- Develop testing and quality control processes.
- Create 2D and 3D drawings or design parts.
- 2+ years of mechanical engineering/hardware product development experience
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related fields
- Prototyping and product development experience
- Comfortable in a workshop environment and familiarity with batch production for aluminums and plastics (example: vacuum forming and injection molding)
- Sheet metal design skills
- Familiarity with tools such as lathes, mills, drill presses, CNCs, and other machinery
- Proficient in SolidWorks or similar CAD software.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and deliver a product to customers on time
- Great compensation package based on your experience.
- A multicultural work environment with a diverse and talented team.
- A demanding and satisfying startup environment that facilitates rapid personal growth.
- Flexible Hours - people expected to be in the office for certain hours every day, but no one counts your time. We only work with people who are excited and take pride in the work they do.
- New gear. We provide you with all the equipment you need to work comfortably and efficiently.
- Tennis Lessons. If you are new to tennis, we will provide free tennis lessons.
We are a team of experienced engineers and designers working to bring sports like tennis to the 21st century. We are backed by world-renowned robotics investors and some of the largest tennis companies in the world.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org